Saturday 24 January 2009

British rail......

I had another one of my fantastic youth parliament meetings today, and being a regional meeting means i have to travel to somewhere generally in the south, on this occasion Reading.

But over the past few weeks.....i say weeks, months. i keep picked up on things about traveling by rail that really get my goat.

lets start with the obvious, the fares, ok fair enough if i want to go to a university several hundred miles from my home and the region i represent, the fares aren't going to be overly kind to me, but the rate they seem to keep going up by quite frankly gets on my man boobs, and i don't like things on my man boobs!!!!

although in the case of youth parliament meetings my travel is funded, its getting to the point where if i want to go home for a week i have to sell myself on the street for 8 hours a night, 7 days a week, for about 5 weeks....and that's just to buy a fecking crappy bacon sandwich which i'm still pretty sure is just a mixture of plastic, cardboard and plasterscene.

another thing that annoys me to know end, is the fact that they continue to keep rising prices on fares, yet we still have to pay to use the bloody toilets in most main stations!!!!!! IT'S A PUBLIC TOILET!!!!!!!!!!
but not only that, but when you finally do get to a toilet thats free of charge, becuase you held it in to save money and went on the train instead, half of them are out of order!!!!!!!!!

and yet again after all these fare rises, having to pay to crap out the remains of your plasterscene bacon sandwich, i still fail to meet connections because of 'unfortunate delays' i have to stand back and wander what exactly we get for our money when you travel by rail? apart from a numb arse, stomache olsers, severly decreased finances and having to wet yourself........oh wait i know what else we get....

no bloody seats!!!!!!! how many times have i payed an african countries debt to firstly get on the thing, for the food to be life threatening, and then have to wait an extra 40 minutes because the driver did'bt turn up on time in birmingham, to then find that when you get on there's not actually enough seats anyway and you have to spend the most enjoyable 3 hours ever stood in a corridor next to the toilet (which is out of order) and keep moving in order to let people past you who need the toilet (which is still out of order but no-one seems to say mention that to passengers over the tannoy, why is that?) and have some crazy man next to you telling you about what train used to be like 40 years ago when he was my age....thanks

all i want is to sit in peace and quiet without someones auntie sat next to me falling asleep and snoring, listen to my ipod, eat some real food that i didnt have to sell my younger brother to get, and just have a nice comfortable journey.......if only!!!!

i'm getting a bloody car!!!!

3 comments:

  1. 1st Comment! I have 2 agree with you on this one Billy - this is a national concern and needs to be a UKYP Campaign!

    "by quite frankly gets on my man boobs, and i don't like things on my man boobs!!!!"

    I can quote this when u are older and successful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i'm not sure about that Mr Rowlinson!!!
    i didn't really think it through when i wrote that lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple answer, restore British Rail to it's a former glory. Re-open the old lines and the old stations, would ease the amount of people on one train as more trains would be the on line. Do it right and there shouldn't be any major backlog on the network.

    ReplyDelete